Sunday, July 3, 2011

Noah's time in the kitchen

The kids and I love to bake together! I am always trying to "healthify" (ha is that a word?) a recipe and make it my own. It's fun to have quality one and one time with the kids, be able to teach them to cook/bake, learn about foods that are good for them and why, and to get a little messy if needed :) Noah loves to be all hands on when baking..he gets his spiderman apron on and is all boy about getting messy while "helping"..and of course he gets to lick a spoon or sneak a chocolate chip here and there lol.
Noah was home with me this past week while sissy was away and we decided to make a healthy/cleaner version of peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. By saying my version of a clean recipe i mean i am trying to stick to a more natural and raw version as possible. I am new to this 'clean version" so I don't know all the of the "rules" haha



My version of a cleaner pb and chocolate chip cookie
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetned)
3/4 cup raw or local honey
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 range free egg
1 cup chocolate chips
mix dry ingredients together in one bowl
mix wet ingredients in seperate bowl
add the wet ingredients to the dry
fold in the chocolate chips
place 1 tbs of dough 1-2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment